Friday, November 25, 2011

Corndogs Gone Wild & Other Business



Thanksgiving was good. The table wasn't full, but sometimes that's just how it is.

Grandma left to take Tall home around 2:30 leaving my brother and his girl. I figured they'd go right on grandma's heels, but they didn't. They stayed for another hour and a half.

I've realized something. I like my brother. That's not to say I didn't like him before this revelation, I just didn't know him. I moved out of the house when he was only two or three years old, so while I've always cared about him because he's family, I never really had an opinion beyond that.

Now, I do.

He'll be twenty years old this coming January. He and his girl are expecting a baby in April. They're doing well. He's funny, and charming, and witty, and kind. I guess I just mean, if he weren't my brother, I would still hang out with him. That kind of like. The kind of like you bestow upon people that comes from that genuine, inner part of you.

I suppose he's just finally to an age where I'm seeing him more as my peer. When you're twelve years apart, that can take a while... Like around twenty years.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

I took Tall, Short, and Shorter to Olive Garden today for lunch. We met Mom and Grandma there and had a nice lunch together.

I'm not entirely sure that over eating for three meals in a row was a good idea.

Luckily I recently bought some new jeans to accommodate my expanding rear-end, and they're a touch baggy. We call that, room for expansion.

They're also a little long, so if I should happen to suddenly shoot up two inches, I'm covered that way, too.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

There is a special place in me heart for truck drivers who will blow their horns in response to my kids' "cord pull" motion in the passenger window.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

And finally, have a laugh on me. This commercial was our lunch topic at one point. One must love the inappropriate moments. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment