Thursday, November 17, 2011

Dear God



As I sit here, listening to the howl of the wind outside, I am struck by just how blessed I am to have a roaring fire, ablaze in my stove. I am very aware of the fact that there are people who are in this very weather I currently endure, and they haven't even a roof, let alone a fire.

As I sit here, contemplating the discomfort I'm feeling due to the excess of delicious spaghetti I ate for dinner, I am astutely aware that there are those that would go to sleep in hunger tonight.

As I sit here, in the arms of my love, I am reminded of all those who go unloved, unnoticed, unappreciated, alone.

Thank you, God, for all these beautiful blessings, and the countless ones I failed to mention. Thank you for making me aware enough to see them, and feel the appreciation they evoke.

May all those who go without, find that which they seek.

In Endless Gratitude,
Me ∞

No comments:

Post a Comment