Saturday, November 19, 2011

Exactly the Same, Only Different



So I have this friend. We shall call her Sophia, because, well, that's just what she likes to be called. She is my soul mate.

We found each other as we both began embarking on journeys of self discovery. And the more we began to really "find ourselves," the more we found ourselves in each other.

In another month or so, she will have been my sister for four years. Amazing to think it's been so long I've been blessed to have her in my life.

To think there's someone else in this wide world that thinks so much like me, that from 1,400 miles away we finish each others sentences, and mirror the others experience so perfectly, that we've apparently begun choosing our blog pictures together unconsciously.

Yesterday morning I posted My Hero featuring a little boy dressed as Superman. Off at The Homestead, Sophia was posting Wonder Woman's All Growed Up featuring a little girl dressed as Wonder Woman.

Then last night, I posted Daily Link Fest featuring what I thought was a very cool picture of a face on a newspaper. Well, of course Sophia was over on her blog posting Never Piss Off a Writer: My Great Aunt Regina featuring a face on a handwritten page.

Interestingly enough, I was just on her blog, yesterday morning, commenting on one of her posts, telling her to embrace the weird. Apparently we both have. Heh.

1 comment: