Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gobble, Gobble



I set my alarm last night, so I would be up by 6:30 to have the turkey in by 7:00. I realized how redundant that was when I awoke at 5am (a-freaking-gain) and was unable to go back to sleep.

It's remarkable how unbearably loud every single sound is at that time of the morning. Just walking across the house makes me feel like I'm stomping across a tile floor that's covered in Rice Krispies, while wearing tap shoes and wind chimes.

I got that stupid bird into the oven though, and to the best of my  knowledge, I did it without waking anyone up.

Now I only need to tame my fro, put real clothes on, and cook the rest of the meal.

Hosting the big holidays is time consuming, but I really do enjoy it. It's the only times I get to cook for people other than my immediate family.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

I realize the following picture is completely irrelevant to everything written in the post. It just made me laugh. I dare you not to enjoy it.


~*~ ~*~ ~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment