Saturday, November 26, 2011

Mutual Weirdness



I am so grateful that we decided to put the wood burning stove in the sun room and not the living room.

I am reminded of this every time smoke pours through the front vents of the stove, into the room, and I am able to reach over and swing the door shut, barring the smoke from entering every other space in the house.

Someday we'll figure out why the heck that keeps happening, and fix it. In the meantime, having that silly ceramic tile on top of the stack has made some difference. It doesn't happen as much as it did before, which is certainly an improvement.

It is a blessing though, to have the smokey room be the one that has two walls of windows.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Short's best friend calls here a few times a week. Every call is the same.

"Hello..."

"Hi. This is D. May I please speak to Short?"

"Hi D. Just a minute."

I always know it's him because of the caller id. So this morning's phone call went like this:

♫♪ Ring ♪♫

"Hello D. Yes, you may speak to Short. Hang on one second."

Silence....

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

I'm tired of people who say one thing, and do another.
Why can't we all say what we mean, and mean what we say?

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Mister is in the garage building sides for the flat trailer so he can stack the kindling branches higher, and have something to secure a tarp too.

He's jamming...

Loudly...

To the Beach Boys.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

In honor of our eleventh wedding anniversary, which was yesterday, I would like to define the relationship between Mister and I.

We are a true, real life fairytale love story about a nerd who met a dork and fell jumped into mad, mutual weirdness appreciation with one another. We've spent the past eleven years of our ceremonial union encouraging the unique, weirdness that lives within the each of us, that is responsible for making us that special nerd and/or dork for the other, thereby making us perfect for one another.

I look excitedly forward to a future of many more years of mutual mental abnormalities and shared psychosis with this beautifully amazingly wonderfully dorky Mister of mine ♥

~*~ ~*~ ~*~



1 comment:

  1. I love you. And your relationship with Mister. And Short's friend, D, is very polite. I hope I can train my short people to have phone manners like that.

    ReplyDelete