Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanks-getting-ready-for-giving



Today is Wednesday. The day before Thanksgiving. The kids are home with me this morning, and Mister went to work.

Now, if only I could convince myself, for more than a few minutes at a time, that today's not Saturday. Vacation days are annoying.

It's not like I don't feel loose in the head already.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Let the pie baking begin!

And someone point me in the direction of a child I can make to vacuum the floor!

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Odd fact: Even at 15.28 pounds, frozen turkey floats.
~*~
"There is a turkey floating in a completely full sink of cold water. I realize it is still in its package, but there is still probably raw turkey juice floating around in that water anyway. So, even though you will REALLY want to, do not touch the turkey, or put your hands in the water, or push the turkey under the water to see if it will bob back up. This has been a public service announcement brought to you by me, Mom. Thank you and have a nice day."

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

I ran up to the Dollar Store to get trash bags and straws. Boy was that a stupid idea.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

So, it's been a long day. I cleaned house, and did laundry, and cooked supper, and prepped turkey.... 8:15, Shorter comes out, ready to play video games with Mister. That's what they do on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Right around 8pm, they play video games for about 45 minutes.

Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday evenings belong to Short.

I did up the dinner dishes, and then disappeared into my bedroom to put laundry away and just Be, in peace, by myself.

A while later, I come out to refill my iced tea. There's Mister, poised in a position that made him look as though he were about to pounce upon something. Short is in front of him, on the couch, wide eyed, and listening intently. Shorter is in the recliner paying slightly less attention, but listening just the same.

He's telling stories of the glory days.

They were playing these racing games on Wii and now Dad is excitedly sharing stories of the good old days when he raced his car(s).

That's got to be the most adorable thing I've ever seen. Two boys, completely engrossed in the stories of their father, for no reason other than that they're just interested in his life because it was SO darn interesting!

Such a great dad. Such a great Mister.
My heart flutters still, after all these years.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Hysterical giggles float in from somewhere beyond my door.....

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment