Friday, December 30, 2011

Another Day, Another Drive to Cleveland

I LOVE Christmas dinner left overs.

I don't think I could ever tire of ham and egg breakfasts.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Why do people laaaaay on the handle/top basket of grocery carts?  Is it really necessary to steer your cart with your boobs?

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Mister and I saw two girls the other day when we stopped for lunch after his oral surgeon appointment.

They were probably 14 years old, and both had a full face of make-up on, with their hair overdone.

What is the point of painting your face, and gluing your hair in an attempt to appear attractive if you're going to wear dirty looking, baggy pajamas in public to complete you ensemble?

I just don't get it.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Today is Short's birthday.

TWELVE!  

I completely recall my twelfth  birthday.

Oh the things I was doing by then.

Oh the worse things I was doing very shortly thereafter.

God help me.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

We're off to the oral surgeon this morning.  Mister is having that last wisdom tooth removed.

Or rather, mostly removed, as it were.

It's grown sideways, under the gum line, and it's roots have grown down, into the nerve canal.  This means that if the tooth is simply pulled out, it will damage the nerve canal rendering Mister's entire lower lip, and chin numb... forevermore.

To remedy this issue, the surgeon will cut off the top 2/3 of the tooth, which is the part causing the issue, and allow a blood clot to form, sealing up the exposed nerves.  It sure seems like something that'd hurt afterwards, but he assures us that this is a fairly common procedure.

Apparently the whole, sideways wisdom tooth trick isn't exclusive to Mister.

That makes me feel more confident.  Until now, I've been pretty concerned about it.

I sat and talked it out with my angels this morning.  That's all I can really do, I reckon.

No comments:

Post a Comment