Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Compulsive Truth-Teller

I would like to open this post by first saying....

Please go here and read this and send love in any form you have available to send.

http://www.absurdgrace.com/miracles-for-justin-we-need-your-help

This is my best friend's family.  Please take a moment.

Thank you.
Now back to our regularly scheduled chaos.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

When I get older, and need a cane to get around comfortably, I intend to wave at all other people I see using canes.

It works for bikers.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Odd Factoid: Did you know that your wisdom teeth continue growing through your life?  That's why they want them out while you're young, because the older you get, the deeper and bigger they are, and therefore harder to remove, and recover from.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

I am a compulsive truth-teller.  I don't censor my thoughts very much before they roll out of my mouth.

A blessing and a curse.

A curse because I have implicated myself on more than one occasion, in ways I didn't necessarily mean to.  It also can contribute to the eating of my foot, but luckily I am not only able to, but often enjoy laughing at myself.

A blessing because people always know where they stand with me.  I don't sugar coat, and I don't lie.

It makes me physically uncomfortable to lie.  I am not ashamed of who I am, or my opinions.  I'm not spiteful or vengeful or gossipy, so why should I worry about the truths that I tell.

Just make sure that when you ask me a question, it is truly honesty you seek.  Otherwise, ask someone else.  I won't formulate an answer, or hesitate to think about what I'm going to say.  The first thing that rolls will be the first thought I had, and it will be what I really think.

But it's just because I respect myself enough to be true to who I really am, and I respect you enough that I believe you deserve my honesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment