Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Isn't Life Just Like That



Apparently Shorter thinks I'm some kind of strange oddity when it comes to music. Probably because Mister prefers classic country, which is heard everywhere. I like what I like. And we RARELY listen to the radio. I love the 80's station on the satellite tv, but mostly, I listen to my MP3 player.

Any time either of the boys hear a song that they've only ever heard at home, with me, they get this super funny, confused, surprised look of recognition on their faces. It's hysterical.

America's Funniest Videos used this one the other night. Shorter came running out into the room wearing that funny face, and exclaims, "Woa!! It's one of your songs, mom!!"

I dare you NOT to totally jam out to this song!

My favorite part?

"I can't tell you what's best. I don't know what comes next. All I know is that I don't know anything. All I've got is today, and I prefer it that way. Make a plan, but I know it's gonna change. And that's okay. Make it up.... As you go.... Future's wide open, nothing's written in stone."



~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Went to have lunch with Grandma today. It's a long drive. Four out of five people I saw on the road were looking down into their laps as they passed. The rest were talking on the phone.
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~


Finally got to Grandma's house. She let me in, and headed back to her laptop saying, "Lemme finish updating my Facebook status, and then I'll be ready to go."

Giggle* Okay Grandma, you do that.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Something that bothers me about politicians, media, and the Occupy movement. It annoys the ever-loving crap out of me to hear people say that we live in a democracy.

We don't.

And to the democracy, for which is stands? Don't think so. It's a republic, people.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

The other day I found out that someone I used to be friends with has recently had a pretty major family crisis. Her husband apparently lost his index and middle fingers on his right hand in a work related accident.

It's funny to me that our friendship ended based on her lack of caring and compassion, but those things are so deeply part of who I am that it's been difficult for me to not call her.

I have no desire to resume any kind of relationship with her, but my heart has ached for her since the day I heard of her tragedy. I can't say anything to her directly without it being weird, so I pray.


1 comment: