Saturday, December 10, 2011

Kid-Mas Shopping



There was a beautiful, fresh layer of snow on the ground this morning.

I adore snow.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

We took the kids shopping today. I take one and go shopping for Mister, and he takes the other to shop for me. Then we switch.

Shorter and I are walking through Sears, and Shorter says, out of nowhere, "Do you think they will ever have dog translators?

Where did that come from?

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

We stopped for dinner after shopping. I had to ask for a side of BBQ sauce THREE times before I got it. Then we waited fifteen minutes for a milkshake. I have never been so ignored by a waitress in my life.

I've also never failed to leave a tip... until today.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

I completely missed the lunar eclipse this morning. It was so worth it.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

We are so hard to shop for. By we, I mean Mister and I.

Christmas presents are about what you want, not what you need. At least that's what every commercial tries desperately to convince us of.

It's about splurging, and buying those things for your loved ones that you know they wouldn't normally buy for themselves. Herein lies the problem.

We don't want anything. We're not into electronics or consumed by hobbies.

We are blessed with everything we need, and that's really the only thing we want. This is why we end up buying each other things like one hundred foot tape measures and ice-scraper mittens.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Our local APL (Animal Protective League) rents out the old pet store in the mall, and brings a handful of dogs and cats on Saturdays to try and market them to the local public occupying the mall on that day.

Shorter and I had to stop in.

There was the sweetest little pitbull. She was only a year old, and incredibly sweet. She also happened to be brindle, and looked remarkably like our Abby. She almost came home with me.

I suppose I should focus on the fact that the APL has volunteers who love all the animals, and spend time with them, instead of the fact that there are animals so  beautiful and full of love to give who have no one who wants them.

Sad.

I would bring them all home.

3 comments:

  1. I would take them all too you know it...SK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dog translaters...there's a goal for when he "grows up" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know ya would SK! When we win the lottery, we should.

    He's so goofy, Jess. I don't know what he'll be when he's older, but it's sure to be interesting!

    ReplyDelete