Wednesday, January 11, 2012

And Other Tales of My Awesomeness

Thursday 1-5-12

I headed off to the store today.  I haven't been grocery shopping in forever.

I specifically wanted to get some sour kraut, and yogurt for Mister.  For a week following his oral surgery, the doc had him on antibiotics, and I want to be sure to replace all that good flora that the meds were sure to have killed.

I ended up with a bunch of yogurt, and cabbage.  He won't miss the kraut because he LOVES the yogurt.

We ate fried cabbage with bacon and noodles for supper.

I bought a HUGE head of green cabbage, and a HUGE head of purple.  I only used about a quarter of each to fry.  I shaved up the other three quarters and now have five jars of homemade sour kraut fermenting on my kitchen counter :)

Yeah, I'm awesome like that.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Saturday 1-7-12

Today is Mister's 41st birthday.
I whipped him up a cinnamon cake with cream cheese frosting.  Yum.

In an odd twist, I got a present for HIS birthday.

In a perfect, and synchronous turn of events, my minivan sold this morning, and we drove fifty miles east to pick up my NEW one this evening.  My van wasn't even for sale, officially, but everything happens for a reason.

It's five years newer with a different body style, and it's beautiful.

I've already named him, Chester.  Gary will be missed.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Sunday 1-8-12

You never know how much someone loves you until you find out they're willing to cut your toenails.

Just sayin'.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Next time the bank teller sends out my cash and receipt with a smile, and a "Thank you," I intend to reply with, "You're welcome!"

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Monday 1-9-12

Shorter was in the spelling-bee today.

He didn't win it, but he did great

It was amusing to watch, although I think I was more amused by watching the parents in the crown than the kids spelling on stage.

You could practically here a cacophany of mental voices begin spelling the words along with the kid on deck.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

I signed up for a class in conversational German.

It's offered for free at my local, public library beginning Friday January 13th, and goes on for four weeks, on Fridays only.

I'm excited about it, and very much looking forward to it.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

I think womens' wallets were designed by men.  That's the only reason I can think of to explain why my drivers license, and credit cards are so impossible to slide out easily.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

The next time someone calls your house, and it's a wrong number, when they say, "Oh! I'm sorry," reply, "I forgive you."

No comments:

Post a Comment