Tuesday, January 3, 2012

So Far, 2012 Blows, Really Hard


Wow is it ever snowy and blowy outside!!!

We ended the evening yesterday with about 11 inches of snow.   Today it appears we have roughly half that.

The field across the street is almost bare, but I have four to five foot drifts in my yard.  Gotta love wind.

Had to run to Conneaut, and there was whiteout conditions for three quarters of our trip.

The kids bundled up, and went outside after lunch.  That lasted about five minutes before red, numb cheeks came running back in the house.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Stopped at our local Mom & Pop grocer on the way home from our venture into white-land to get some hamburger, and milk.

Short went in, by himself, and came back out with the right ground beef, and the right brand of organic milk.

He's far too mature for his age.  Well, until someone farts.  But really.  Generally speaking, girls mature faster than boys, but Short has always had this way about him.  At two years old, he would sit down, and draw adults into conversation.

Shorter is a different story.  While he's incredibly smart, and learns things with wicked speed, he's not mature the way Short is.

Since becoming responsible for keeping clean dishes out of the dishwasher, he's also the only other person in the house who knows where everything can be found in the kitchen.

Something I hope to exploit in the near future :)

~*~ ~*~ ~*~



Weird Things that Only Happen to "Grown-Ups"

I now own a pair of sunglasses that I have had for over two years, and I always know where they are.

I have officially run two pens completely out of ink this week.

Obnoxious humor annoys the ever-loving crap out of me.

I have the owners manual to my three year old toaster.  It's a toaster.  A manual is hardly necessary, but... I have it.  It has the receipt stapled inside. (rolls eyes)

No comments:

Post a Comment