Monday, January 16, 2012

Welcome to My Weird Wonderland

To preface this oddball post, I give you a link to....
Reiki Really Works: A Groundbreaking Scientific Study

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

The whole purpose of my starting this blog was to create an open platform where I could write, (which is what I do) where people who know me could read my story, and come to truly know me.  Because as an artist, (yes, writing is art) my words are who I am...

They are my soul.

They are the brutal honesty regarding my life, perceptions, ideas, thoughts, loves, fears, etc...

So in the spirit of that, here is something about me that very few of you know.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

I am a level II Reiki practitioner.

I have been studying energy movement for about five years total, and became certified in Reiki I and II in May of 2011.

Some people still think energy movement, Reiki, and other similar practices are complete hogwash, and that's okay.  I didn't take it on as a Spiritual and physical practice in the hopes of appearing more normal to the mainstream.  LOL.

Anyone who knows me knows that normal is just not my style.  To me, it's downright abnormal.

I have always had a distinct interest in our bodies' energy pathways and systems.  I am a strong advocate for acupuncture, acupressure, EFT, Qui Gong, Reiki, etc...

Any health practice designed to allow your body to strike its own balance, or open energetic pathways, that promote relaxation and healing is worth looking into.

Any practice that doesn't involve a chemical dependency on big pharma.

So that's what I do.

I am the healer of my family.  I dole out the remedies, most of which are homemade concoctions of nutrient rich, organic ingredients.

And I move around the energies.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

I have always been interested in eastern medicine.  Any healing methods that have been around for centuries. 

I realized my knack for energy movement and healing back in 2009 when I suffered third degree burns on my hand, and had completely healed them within three days time.

I had had some chicken breasts on the BBQ grill, and to test their doneness, I inserted an oven meat thermometer.

An oven meat thermometer is the kind that's designed to be stuck into the meat, and left there all during the cooking process.  Then when the thermometer reads the correct temperature, you remove the meat from the oven.

I had never used mine that way.  I would simply insert it, check the temp, and then remove it again before returning the meat to the oven/BBQ grill.

Not that day.

That day, I checked the chicken, and when I found it far from done, I left the thermometer in, and closed the grill lid.

Fifteen minutes later when I checked the meat, it was finally to temperature, so I opened the grill lid, and without giving it a second thought, I reached in, and grabbed that smokin' hot thermometer with my bare hand.

Immediately my thumb, and first two fingers developed massive blisters that split and oozed within seconds.  My first instinct, of course, was to drop the hot thing in my hand, but the burn was so complete that the metal had actually fused to my skin.  I literally had to tear my skin in removing the thermometer from my hand.

Yeah.  It was that bad.

I ran into the bathroom and prepared to apply Noxema to my burn, but it was open, and oozing, and that just seemed like a bad idea, so I went to my bedroom instead, and laid across my bed, and cried.

I didn't know what I was going to do.  I didn't know how I was going to tolerate the immense pain in my hand for the entire night, and days to follow.

Burns are the WORST!

Even when they feel like they're doing better, you're quickly reminded that you were burned as soon as you run the injured area under water that is even remotely approaching warm.

And so, in complete exasperation, I prayed.

God... I don't know what to do... What should I do? ... It hurts so bad... Please help me.... I don't know what to do....

And then I heard the voice...

Now, think what you will, because I'm past caring what anyone thinks of me.  That's how I finally grew a pair, and started sharing my blog with you all....

Was it God?

I dunno.  My guess... guardian angel.  I have a few.  I've met them.

The voice said to me....

You feel such pain the because the pain is the result of resisting what is.
Stop resisting... and allow it to be... Focus all of your awareness into the "pain" as love... and the pain will leave..
And so I laid there and focused all of my attention into the center of the burn.

It got hotter and hotter and hotter... and as I reached the point where I felt like I couldn't stand the burn anymore...

It ceased....

After about three minutes of holding a clear mind, and going into the center of my pain with pure love, and acceptance... completely free of resistance... it went completely away.

The physical evidence of the burn was still glaringly obvious, but there was no longer any kind of pain, and for that, I was incredibly grateful.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

I had been learning to meditate at the time, and one of the methods I found most useful was an energy feeling method where I would lie in bed, and feel the tingle of the blood, and energy moving under the skin in my hands.

It would create this sort of tingly feeling under my skin, and I would focus into that tingle, in my hands, as I drifted off to sleep at night.

I did my normal meditation that night, and the following night.

By the third day, I was absolutely astonished to find that all marks denoting my run in with the meat thermometer were gone.

I had been totally healed.

After that, I mastered healing myself.  Any minor cuts or scrapes... I made short work of them.

I was also amazed to find out that I am no longer hindered by burns.  I used to absolutely dread burning myself... and I mean, as a cook, that definitely happens.

Not any more.

I have had some fairly severe burns that are completely pain free after the initial pain/warning your body sends out saying, "HEY!! THAT BURNS!!"

Sometimes I feel almost cocky in my ability to feel no pain by association.  Even under hot water in the shower, mere hours after an injury.

Nothing...

So, it only seemed reasonable to me to share this energy healing ability that I seem to naturally possess.

Only I couldn't.

I tried... but it didn't seem to do anything.  I knew how to manipulate my own energy, but I didn't know how to translate that to outside of myself.

And that's how I ended up considering Reiki.  I didn't know anyone into that, though, and it's not exactly something you can just check for in the yellow pages.

But after I prayed about it (yeah, I do a lot of that) I was lead through a series of very curious synchronicity to Lisa, who is not only INTO that, but is a master, and could teach me.

So I went for it.

Ironically I made a friend of her, as we both have this complete weirdness in common.  So I walked away with an ability to use energy to heal people, AND a new soul sister.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

So, I guess that's my totally oddball story for now.  Your little snippet into the bizarre world of me.

Believe me if you dare...  If your mind is open enough to allow you to consider the possibilities.

Mock me if you must.  Really... I don't mind.

Or call me if you need a little help.  I am honored to be among those who possess such abilities, and am eager to share the tranquility and balance that is health, and wellness.




No comments:

Post a Comment