Saturday, March 24, 2012

Long time, no see!


I have GOT to find my way here to write more often.  It's been a month since my last post!  I've thought to come sit and write several times in the past month, but there's just so much going on that when I finally have a quiet moment to sit and relax, writing is the last thing I want to do.

That requires brainpower which is something I've been lacking in my quiet moments of late.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

It's been a slow process of getting life back to normal.  After we got through the holidays and the long illness, and finally death, of my father-in-law, we slammed head long into school issues.  And before the dust was even fully settled from the other upheavals, we pulled the kids from school and are now homeschooling.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

We're here now.  We have arrived.  Welcome to normal.  Or rather, as normal as we get.  Heh.

We've got our schedule down.  The kids are doing GREAT!  Every day flies by so fast, I sometimes wonder how it is that I've spend the entire day, face to face with these kids, and have failed to go insane.

In the past, I was MORE than ready to shove them out the door on Monday morning.  All they ever do is fight!

We just finished our second week of homeschool, and I gotta say, there's has been less bickering in this house than I ever remember from past days.  They get up, fed and dressed...  They do their chores for the day and they're sitting down and totally motivated by nine o'clock.

By noon, they're completely finished for the day.  Sometimes earlier.

I've been cooking a large meal for lunch every day, and Mister has been coming home for lunch instead of eating on the road with his brother.

It's great to spend an hour with him, mid-day.

It's great to know he'll be that much healthier.

It's great to warm up leftovers for dinner, and get the quiet, decompression time I need in the evenings instead of switching gears from teacher to cook and powering through every night, frazzled and exhausted.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


That's about it for now.

I'm off to sit in my bedroom and enjoy some quiet alone time with my laptop, and probably yahoo pool.

As a side note, did you know that when you are a mother, every sentence that is spoken in the house begins with the word, mom?

Mom, what should I do with this?
Mom, can we go to the store?
Mom, look at this.
Mom, I'm hungry.
Mom, I don't know how to begin a sentence without first specifically addressing you, even if no one else is in the room.

Sigh... I think headphones are going to become part of my Saturday dress code.

Have to recover...

1 comment: