Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday Madness

I think the hardest part of keeping a house organized is adopting the "do it now" mentality.

Don't set it down with intentions of putting it away later. It's already IN your hand.... just go put it away.

My boys have morning, and afternoon chore lists, but most of their chores hinge off of mine, so if I'm not on my game, they can't do their part, and in the blink of an eye, my entire domain is crashing down around me.

Which is obviously incredibly stressful all by itself.

And then, of course, I'm even more discouraged by the chaos around me, which just makes it that much harder to find the motivation to get up, and do something about it.

I don't know why, but I have a hard time getting anything done over weekends.  I know that for all the women out there that work outside of their homes, the weekend is usually some of the only time they DO have for domestic chores.  Personally, I can't imagine.  I have a hard enough time, and I'm practically home every waking moment.

So anyway, it's Monday now, and I'm in the process of digging out of the chaos that has accumulated over the weekend.

Someday I will wrap my head around doing a little every single day..... even when the day starts with an S.  In the meantime, I'll do what I can, and feel good about what gets accomplished instead of feeling the crap about what I didn't get to.

Wishing everyone a productive, and happy week ∞


No comments:

Post a Comment