Wednesday, September 3, 2014

How to Naturally Stop a Cough

I've had a sicky this week.

My poor Shortest (12) started with some mild cold symptoms on Sunday, and I jumped right on it.

I gave him a single drop of oregano oil in a shot of chocolate milk a couple times a day on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.

Tuesday night, he was feeling mostly fine except for a scratchy soreness in his throat and a cough.  Actually, he couldn't seem to STOP coughing.

I mixed about 2 tbsp of coconut oil with about 1/2 tsp of camphor oil. (I get mine here and swear by this brand for pretty much ALL of my essential oils.)

Now, here's my testimonial...... because I've never used camphor oil before. I bought some a little while back because I wanted to try making a mock Viks rub, but hadn't had cause to do so until this week.

I rubbed that coconut oil/camphor oil mixture on Shortest's entire throat (sides and front), and all over his upper chest area.  I heard him cough two or three times total over the next two hours!

I was absolutely ASTOUNDED at how immediately it took affect, and how incredibly long it lasted.

I can tell you one thing for sure, and that's that I will ALWAYS have camphor oil in my home from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment